When you turn on the air conditioner, you expect cool air. If your air conditioning won’t turn on or the house is still hot or humid even with the system running, Tyson Services can help. Our technicians provide air conditioning repair in Charlotte, Monroe, and the surrounding areas for all major equipment brands. We bring decades of troubleshooting and repair experience to every job for accurate and cost-effective solutions for your air conditioning problem.
Signs you need ac repairs
You don’t have to wait until the system completely shuts down to contact a professional. Call an HVAC company for AC repairs if the air conditioning system won’t turn on, blows hot air, runs constantly, leaks, or short cycles, or if you notice hot and cold spots in the house. These are just a few signs you need AC repairs.
Your monthly utility costs can provide insight into poor air conditioning system performance. If your home cooling costs have suddenly increased without an increase in energy usage, you may have a problem with your air conditioning system.
A number of things can go wrong with air conditioning equipment, such as:
Sometimes, the problem isn’t the air conditioning system at all. If the thermostat isn’t working, the system may not turn on or run constantly, or the room may never reach the temperature that is set on the thermostat. The problem could be thermostat failure or a thermostat that is not programmed correctly. If this is the problem, your technician can replace the thermostat.
Attempting to troubleshoot and diagnose air conditioning problems on your own is frustrating and often ineffective. Air conditioning systems are complex, and it takes specific training and the right tools to find the root cause of the problem and get the system working again. A qualified Charlotte, NC air conditioning repair technician has the expertise to locate the problem and make sure the repair is done right.
why is my ac running but not cooling
If your air conditioner is running but not cooling effectively, there could be several reasons for this issue. Here are some common factors to consider:
1. Thermostat Settings: Double-check your thermostat settings to ensure that the temperature is set lower than the current room temperature. Sometimes, a simple adjustment to the thermostat can solve the problem.
2. Dirty or Clogged Filters: Dirty or clogged air filters can restrict airflow, making it harder for your AC to cool the air. Replace or clean the filters regularly, typically every 1-3 months, depending on usage.
3. Refrigerant Issues: Low refrigerant levels due to leaks can result in reduced cooling capacity. If you suspect a refrigerant problem, it's essential to call a professional HVAC technician to diagnose and fix the issue.
4. Blocked Condenser or Evaporator Coils: Dirt and debris can accumulate on the condenser and evaporator coils, hindering heat exchange. Regular maintenance, such as coil cleaning, can help maintain efficient operation.
5. Electrical Problems: Faulty wiring, a malfunctioning capacitor, or a tripped circuit breaker can prevent your AC from cooling properly. An electrician or HVAC technician can identify and repair these issues.
6. Improper Sizing: If your AC unit is too small for the space it's cooling, it may struggle to maintain a comfortable temperature. Conversely, if it's too large, it may cycle on and off frequently without adequately dehumidifying the air.
7. Air Duct Issues: Leaky or poorly insulated air ducts can lead to cooled air escaping before it reaches the rooms. Check for any visible damage or disconnects in the ductwork.
8. Obstructed Air Vents: Ensure that all air vents are open and unblocked in the areas you want to cool. Obstructed vents can impede airflow and reduce cooling efficiency.
9. Excessive Heat Load: High heat loads, such as extensive sunlight, open doors or windows, and heat-producing appliances, can strain your AC system's ability to cool effectively. Try to minimize these factors when possible.
10. Age of the AC Unit: Older air conditioning units may lose efficiency over time and might struggle to cool effectively. Consider upgrading to a more energy-efficient model if your AC is outdated.
If you've checked these common issues and your AC is still not cooling properly, it's advisable to contact a licensed HVAC technician. They can perform a thorough inspection, diagnose the specific problem, and recommend the appropriate repairs or maintenance to get your AC working efficiently again. Regular maintenance and timely repairs are crucial for extending the life and performance of your air conditioning system.
“If you are looking for a trustworthy HVAC company, Tyson is the one.”- Jennifer J.
“They were on time and communicated when the tech was on the way and kept me up to date with what was going on with my unit!”- Randi S.
“These folks are amazing and my new “go to” HVAC folks.”- Natalie R.
Charlotte Air Conditioning Maintenance
The summer heat and humidity require an air conditioning system to keep the house cool. While regular maintenance can help ensure reliable performance, air conditioning problems can crop up when least expected. Air conditioner failure can make the house hot and humid in a short amount of time in the hottest months of the year. When you notice any change in the indoor comfort or humidity levels in your home, you may need air conditioning repairs.
Emergency Air Conditioning Repairs in Charlotte, NC
At Tyson Services, we understand that when it comes to emergency AC repair in Charlotte, time is of the essence. That’s why our team of HVAC technicians are available 24/7 to provide emergency air conditioning repair services for both residential and commercial clients. Our skilled professionals have years of experience repairing all types and models of air conditioners, and are dedicated to providing the highest quality services at competitive rates.
We offer a wide range of services for emergency AC repair in Charlotte, including diagnosing the cause of your system’s malfunction, repairing any broken components and fixing leaks or other issues that may arise. We also provide preventative maintenance services to help ensure your AC unit is running efficiently and reliably, as well as replacement services if your system needs to be replaced.
Emergency Services Available
Award Winning Services
Free Estimate for New Installs
Tyson Services offers swift and accurate Charlotte air conditioning repair to resolve everything from simple problems that require minor tune-ups to complex repairs. Our AC repair technicians in Charlotte, NC will perform an assessment to pinpoint the specific cause of your air conditioning problem. We explain the problem and options for repairing the system to restore your indoor comfort